- Serves six
- 2 medium apples
- 1½ cups flour
- 3½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 tbsp granulated sugar, divided
- ¼ cup margarine or butter
- 1 egg, well beaten
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Peel and cut apples into eighths (wedges).
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt with 4 tablespoons of the sugar.
- Cut in butter/margarine.
- Combine egg and milk and add to flour mixture.
- Turn batter into greased 8 inch square cake pan.
- Press apple wedges partly into batter.
- Combine remaining 2 tbsp sugar and cinnamon, sprinkle over apple.
- Bake at 425°F for 25 to 30 minutes.