Antalaya Bean Salad
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Puckett Estate in Irving, Texas in 1990. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- 2 cups cooked northern beans
- 1 onion cut finely in half moons
- ½ cup parsley finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed pepper
- 2 hard boiled eggs sliced
- 1 tomato diced
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup vinegar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Soak beans over night.
- Bring them to a boil and then on medium heat cook them until soft.
- In a bowl mix tahini, vinegar, lemon juice and garlic for the sauce.
- Pour tahini dressing over beans and mix well.
- Slice onion thinly julienne style in half moon shape.
- In a bowl knead it with 1 teaspoon salt and rinse.
- Mix beans with onion and parsley.
- Decorate with tomatoes and slices of hard boiled eggs==References==
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group