|This Cookbook page needs work. Please improve it. See the talk page for discussion regarding improvements.|
Quince pudding recipe from the 1881 Household Cyclopedia:
Scald the quinces tender, pare them thin, scrape off the pulp, mix with sugar very sweet, and add a little ginger and cinnamon. To a pint of cream put three or four yolks of eggs, and stir it into the quinces till they are of a good thickness. Butter the dish, pour it in, and bake it.
And, translated into English:
- Scald quinces until tender.
- Skin them and scrape the pulp into a mixing bowl.
- Blend the pulp with sugar until very sweet.
- Add ginger and cinnamon to taste.
- Mix 3-4 egg yolks into a pint of cream.
- Stir this into the quince pulp until thick.
- Butter a pudding-pan.
- Pour in the quince-cream mixture.
- Bake until firm but still slightly wobbly in the centre. Remove from oven and leave till set.