Instead of using cranberries use dried cherries for "Almond-Cherry Biscottis". Recipe Comes from Plumercrest Bed and Breakfast. The bake time is 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Pour flour into large mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the center and place sugar, 3 eggs, all yolks, baking powder, salt, and vanilla into well.
- Work the flour into the ingredients in the well until smooth.
- Knead in almonds and cranberries thoroughly for about 5 minutes.
- Grease and flour 2 baking sheets that are at least 15 inches long.
- Divide dough in half.
- Roll each piece of dough on floured surface into 2½ inch wide place the logs 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Beat remaining egg white and brush over tops of logs.
- Heat oven to 350 °F.
- Bake 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Reduce temperature to 325 °F.
- Cut logs diagonally into ½-inch slices and lay, cut side up, on sheets.
- Return to oven for another 15 minutes.
- Cool on racks.