Alcapurrias de Plátano Rellenas de Carne
- 1½ cups lean ground meat
- 1 tablespoonful raisins
- Wearing gloves is strongly recommended. Peel the yautias and remove the rinds from the plantains.
- Grate the yautías and plantains to a fine paste.
- Add anniato oil and salt. Stir well.
- Prepare the filling.
- Place about two tablespoonfuls of the paste on a greased plantain leaf (traditional) or waxed paper (convenient). #Spread the mass and place about two tablespoonfuls of the filling in the center. Fold the mass unto itself so that the mass remains outside and the filling inside.
- Fry in hot oil in a deep fry pan until golden brown.
- Allow to shed excess oil. Serve while still reasonably hot. Warn your diners that the filling may be hotter than the outside.
- Pour the olive oil in a medium saucepan and heat over medium heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients included in (A).
- Saute for about five minutes.
- Stir the ground meat into the ingredients already in the saucepan.
- Cook for about five minutes.
- Add the raisins.
- Continue to cook for another five minutes or until the meat is cooked but not dry.
- You may want to remove the bay leaf at this time.