Albanian Lamb Stew with Okra
- 12 oz okra, fresh or frozen
- 2 med green peppers, diced
- 2 cup celery, diced
- 4 oz onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup water
- 1 lb roasted lamb, in bite size cubes
- ¼ tsp thyme
- grated lemon rind
- Cook okra until liquid evaporated in skillet or Microwave dish, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add green pepper, celery, Onion, garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir to prevent vegetables from sticking.
- Add water, Lamb and thyme and simmer, covered, over Low heat for 20 minutes until heated through.
- Sprinkle with paprika and garnish with lemon rind.