This recipe for Danish dumplings is without yeast. They are baked in a special kind of pan, shortly available in the shop. Serve drizzled with icing sugar.
- Mix flour, milk and cream together to a homogeneous mix.
- Stir in the egg yokes one at a time and then the lemon zest.
- Whip the egg white stiff and fold into the mix together with the salt.
- Melt the a knob of butter in each of the holes in the special pan and fill ¾ with the dough.
- When the dumpling is light brown on the bottom they are turned with for example a knitting needle.
- Bake for 5–6 minutes, turning frequently.
- Serve sprinkled with icing sugar, and with plenty of jam.