- 1 1/2 cup Unpitted green Spanish in brine, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup oil, olive, spanish
- 2 tbl vinegar, wine, red
- 1 bay leaf, broken into pieces
- 1 clove garlic, unpeeled and crushed
- pepper, black, to taste
- Peel of 1 lemon, without the white pith, whole or in large pieces 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed, optional Mix all the ingredients together in a nonreactive bowl, cover, and refrigerate at least 2 days. Bring to room temperature before serving. The will keep, refrigerated, for several weeks.
- Makes 1 1/2 cups