6-egg Pound Cake
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1½ cups butter
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2½ cups white sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup milk
- Grease and flour a tube or bundt pan.
- Do not preheat oven.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well each time.
- Add vanilla.
- Add flour mixture alternately with milk.
- Beat until smooth.
- Pour batter into tube or bundt pan.
- Place cake into cold oven, set the temperature to 350°F (175°C) and bake for 60 to 90 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- Top with confectioners sugar or glaze.